Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 12, 2010

TGIF


Ok, Ok I Know I haven't written in a while and some of the natives are getting restless but if you actually wait to read this blog you kids need to get out more( Pence???).

Recently traded in my bowel problem for the other end with a runny nose and hacking cough. Always cool when the pediatrician is coughing all over the baby and his nose drips on the kid- OK I'm kidding.

It's Friday but let me tell you about yesterday - lots of fun!!!!

Drove to Charlote about 15-20 Km from here. Great folks but times a really tough. Village is being represented by young men who speak very good English and hustle for their people. About 150 folks all told. Lots & lots of kids. A pediatrician would never go broke down here. Anyway myself and 3 others went to Charlote. Set up a little assembly line with a local lady writing down names on forms. Myself examining and writing orders
and two fellows who were filling prescriptions with the few drugs we had. We saw 47 kids in about 4 1/2 hours. Most under 10. everyone had scabies along with their moms,
many had GI parasites (worms) as well Lots of ringworm of body & scalp.

Great folks who seemed relatively happy with their status in life as long as food was available. People always smile and try to laugh.

Speaking of smiling they just rang the dinner bell.... type later.... nase

1 comment:

  1. I suppose there is no reason to further specify malnutrition as SEVERE, since there is no medicaid to bill! And thanks for the comment~ get a life! Too bad I couldn't give you that response when I was 16!!
    lots of love!!
    Pence

    ReplyDelete