Pages

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

NOON UPDATE


To all you mad musicians:

Good day yesterday and today. Monday clinic very busy. All the folks want to come and see the new doc "papa noel" (that's me) to see if I have any magic potions for them.

Alas nothing magic!!!!! I am seeing a viral flu=like illness going thru the community with fever, Headache, diarrhea, muscle aches and a little vomiting . Lots of kids with abdominal pain and bloating (most likely parasites). I don't look for them , just treat the kids. Not ideal but then again a bunch of stools samples sitting in a clinic with no AC is also not ideal!!!! Know what I mean!!!!

The Haitian folks around Cayes are great. Very appreciative that someone comes down here with a bag of Ibuprofen and Penicillin and creme for scabies, etc...Cayes is a town of about 30,000 or so that has just about tripled in size since the EQ so I am seeing lots of folks from PORT AU PRINCE, also

Went to Father Marc's pad for lunch. Boy those Catholics sure eat well. Just Kidding, I probably gained weight in the past week---love those rice & beans!!!

All for now....love...papa noel

I almost forgot. The mosquitoes down here are voracious. In Alaska, the mosquitoes never give me the time of day but down here they are having picnics on my legs. I think they are hungrier than most of the Haitian people.

Someone asked if I was drinking those RUMS that I mentioned a few days ago..NO, NO
those are coming back to Alaska and everyone who comments on my blog gets a nip as well as my donation of an extra grain of rice, as previously mentioned. BYE-BYE

2 comments:

  1. Hey Papa Noe,

    I'm now on your blog site with an offical sign up! You are pushing Billy and me to become computer literati! Your blog is amazing to look at, fun to read, and we are jealous of your expertise.

    About all of the stools waiting to be stirred and examined. As an old Parasitologist from PC/Gambia and PC/Kenya, I could help out if I was there. Of course I would need a big book with all of the latest info to re-educate myself. But, once a worm finder, always a worm finder!

    Keep well and get some mosquito coils for those pesky guys. Do they even have coils there?????

    That's it. Be well and hug the kids for me.
    Marilee

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Papa Noel,
    Well consider this my two cents to get a nip of the Ayitian rum! I am curious about the risk of you yourself contracting the parasites? What is the typical parasite? Very curious to hear all of your stories and pictures when you come home to the AK! Be well and take care. Thank you for your caring for the world expressed in the caring actions of your hands and heart.

    Merci Anpil,
    MP

    ReplyDelete