Pages

Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 15, 2010

A question for my doc friends-if any read this

Back in haiti and as most of you know they are going thru a cholera epidemic in parts of Haiti. Just learned that there have been 4 documented cases in Cayes , Haiti (A FAMILY)Where I am working
SO 1/2 OF THE KIDS i SAW THIS am had vomiting and diarrhea with no significant dehydration. Will treat all with ORS. My question ( no lab help here) is would you put them all on 3 days of Septra as treatment for cholera or not. I have a leaning towards treating them all since most homes and the orphanage are pretty crowded and once it takes hold it could go crazy. Really anyone who has any thoughts on this please call in and let me know them ( just kidding about the call in)

Things haven't changed much here since Feb/ Mar except many more blue roofed tents in Port au Prince than before. Clean-up sucks !!!!!.

The kids are just as beautiful as b4( pictures to follow)
The staff here is holding together so far but I think we will all be up to our elbows in feces in the next 10 days or so. have some good thoughts for these folks and I promise I will wash my hands...be well..dr. j

The program is growing like crazy- new clinic,dining hal going up andsome houses for young girls almost finished, see u later

No comments:

Post a Comment