Pages

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy day before Thanksgiving

OK everyone, the following story is not a scam like the " Crying in Spain" e-mail from last month.
The photo below is of myself and Laney-a Creole/English translator who helps me a lot in the clinic here. Without his help I wouldn't be able to do much here in Haiti. We also worked together in Feb/March when I was here after the earthquake. A medical translator is a little different from a gen'l Creole translator.

Anyway. Laney is mainly a farmer and Haiti has not been good to farmers lately.
Hurricane Tomas kind of wrecked the crops he had in so- No Harvest!!!
Situation is that Laney has 4 kids (primary school and secondary school).It costs about $200.00 a year here to send a kid to school (tuition,books, & uniforms). and Laney asked me for help and if I knew any benefactors in the states who might be able to help him. I told him I would check out the situ...
First of all an xtra year of schooling here for any kid helps out Haiti in a big way. Second of all we need to be thankful during this season. I realize economic times are tough for everyone so I throw out this challenge to all my friends & foes.

If anyone chooses to donate to the "Laney Fund" I will match their donation dollar for dollar. So a $10.00 donation becomes a $ 20.00 donation and so on...
I realize that I do this from time to time (try to guilt you into giving) but when I think of the difference between life in the U.S. and Haiti it is worth it if you say..."oh, there he goes again"...
Let me know what you decide and contact me here inthe comments section of the blog or jot a quick note to me at jerrynase@hotmail.com
Thank you for reading this and have a good and thankful Thanksgiving
Be well....jerry
P.S. I would like to wrap this up in the next several weeks or so. Stay in touch!!!

1 comment:

  1. Check your email for my contribution. I'd rather give to something I know about than something I don't.

    ReplyDelete