Pages

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

No pictures for now

I have tried sending pics about 3 times now and they take too long to upload & publish. will have to figure something else later or do a shutterfly deal when i return home.

Today I did clinic by myself i.e. no internist around to see adults and you all know how much I enjoy seeing adults???
Seems like the entire adult southern department of Haiti had epigastric pain, headaches, muscle aches etc today. Why I do pediatrics all comes flooding back to me on these days.Apparently the internist is off every Wednesday.
Diarrhea( ? cholera ) has slowed down for today but still going strong in other parts of Haiti!!!!

You know , I just have to say this. I think the female population of Haiti are some off the strongest women I have ever seen. This year alone an earthquake, hurricanes and now cholera ( lots of BAD stuff) and they just keep on doing what they have to do to get along. Not much drama and not much depression that I have seen. Heck some days this place depresses the heck out of me and I just got here 3 days ago.

our clinic is seeing a lot more folks from the surrounding communities these days rather than just the "orphans" from Espwa and I get to know the people "a little better". Good for me, not sure about good for them or not
I am seing more about what big NGOs (non governmental organizations) do and how little aid really reaches the people who are supposed to get it (lots of skimming before your $20.00 donation reaches the folks here)
Anyway time to make the donuts...Later...jerry

1 comment:

  1. Just think of the adults as kids that have been enlarged. Wonder what would happen if you treated like kids. You might have lines waiting out the doors! I'd imagine they are happy to see you whether you like seeing adults or not!!! Nice to read your comments about the women in Haiti. They must have listened to Churchill when he said, "Never, Never, Never Give up!" Makes our lives look so easy and problems so inconsequential! We need to get the orphanage on the Mitzvah Mall I heard about today at a business women's meeting. I'll find out more about it and see what it takes to get the orphanage in the mall for donations for holiday presents! I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete