Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, September 17, 2010

Series #2-- I made quite a SPLASH

So we have lunch first-very important with these folks and then see about 30 patients in clinic Then dinner and it gets dark at 6pm and no electricity. they have a generator and watch TV for about a 1/2 hour in evening. then you go to sleep.
Some of us have to pee at night.the outhouse is in te next buildng.an connected by a small footbridge about 18 incheswide made of tree brancchees. My big moment soon folowed when i fell off the bridge into the Tonle Sap lake.
needless to say I woke everyone up. fortunately the chief grabbed me and helped me out-lost my LED flashlight as well as my pride
Didn't geet much sleep after that Oh well...end of dy # 1...j

2 comments:

  1. oh dad! So sorry that happened to you!! I didn't think much of the title.. until I saw the line that reads, some of us have to pee at night!!! Then I knew something bad was going to happen! I hope you didn't hurt anything else (besides your pride). When things like that happen to me, I don't notice the pain on my leg, till I see a big bruise!! Glad you updated today. I look forward to seeing pictures. The videos show the beautiful people and children.
    love you lots!!
    Pence

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know little brother Mom always said i was the clumsy one in the family, and I thought i was until i read this blog; hope you are not hurt. take care and walk more carefully.

    ReplyDelete