Pages

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Long Time No type







Hi Guys,






It has been a long time since I looked at this site. The reason today is that I leave this week for Cambodia and a month of working on a boat attending to some of the local Khmer and Vietnamese folks in the area






More about that later!!!!!






The preceding blog entry in May was well intentioned but unsuccessful. After repeated attempts to log on to this site in May I realized that China and Gooogle were feuding and blogspot was off limits from China.



Anyway Iwas there for about 2.5 weeks. Went with about 11 couples and got some great babes and met another group of fine folks, most from the east coast.






Went to Beijing, Nanchang, Guangzhou and spent the last Three days in Xian (alone) which is the spot famous for the unearthing of the Terra Cotta warriors. That was really amazing and it is quite a "go to" spot for tourists mainly from China but all over the world as well.






I took about a zillion photos, Met some more good Chinese folks.






In August I spent 4 weeks back in St. Lucia at St. Jude Hospital. I have been going there since 2002 and it was great once again EXCEPT that the temp was in the 90s and the Humidity about 2000% or so. Us" fat boys" from alaska don't really do to well in those conditions.






Some of you may remember that the hospital there burned down last November-2009-. three patients died in the fire. Since then they have moved the operation beneath the stands at the local football stadium in Vieux Fort. This was ok but not the greatest locale. Anyway they started to rebuild the old hospital this minth. They originally talked about a new hospital but I am not sure how realistic that prospect treally is. The rebuilding will be a joint venture with the folks from Taiwan (long political story)






Met up with lots of old friends from St. Lucia. There volunteer program was down for a while after the fire but I went down to spell a lady peds doc who took several months off for maternity leave.






So too make a long story short I am off to Cambodia for a" new do"






Have some good thoughts for me and i will see if I can get this blog to work again. Not sure about internet in Cambodia but when I write to them they always write back. have a good September/October. Be well...jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment